Augason Farms Deluxe One Person One Year Freeze Dried Food Supply:
Augason Farms Deluxe One Year Food Storage Kit has a large variety of everyday freeze dried foods! The massive selection includes soup, fruit, vegetables, as well as baking mixes. This selection provides you the ability to create delicious meals, not just food to sustain you but food you will enjoy! This meal plan averages almost 2,000 calories per day. The kit contains over 9,000 servings as well as it includes a can of Vegetable Garden Seeds which is capable of producing over 2300 pounds of fresh vegetables. in an emergency this kit will help you start your own food storage in your backyard!
- Up to 30 year shelf life*
- 9,031 Total Servings
- Approximately 2,000 calories per day
- 138 institutional size (#10) cans
- Easy to use, just add water or eat directly out of the can
- Recipes on label
- No refrigeration needed
- For emergency food storage or everyday use
- Approximately 385 gallons of water to rehydrate entire kit
A total of 138 #10 Cans are included in the Deluxe One Year Kit:
- 6 Hard White Wheat (51 servings per can)
- 2 Creamy Wheat Cereal (36 servings per can)
- 1 Super Nutty Granola (23 servings per can)
- 6 Long Grain White Rice (47 servings per can)
- 6 Elbow Macaroni (26 servings per can)
- 2 Quick Rolled Oats (22 servings per can)
- 1 Shortening Powder (178 servings per can)
- 2 Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix (45 servings per can)
- 3 Blueberry Muffin Mix (40 servings per can)
- 3 Honey Cornbread Muffin Mix (42 servings per can)
- 4 Buttermilk Pancake Mix (21 servings per can)
- 2 Blueberry Pancake Mix (19 servings per can)
- 2 Honey Wheat Bread & Roll Mix (49 servings per can)
- 5 Honey White Bread & Roll Mix (49 servings per can)
- 2 Dehydrated Potato Dices (20 servings per can)
- 3 Potato Gems (45 servings per can)
- 3 Dehydrated Potato Shreds (21 servings per can)
- 1 Dehydrated Potato Slices (28 servings per can)
- 4 Freeze Dried Sweet Corn (23 servings per can)
- 1 Dehydrated Chopped Onions (217 servings per can)
- 3 Freeze Dried Peas (19 servings per can)
- And many more!
- 1 Vegetable Garden Seeds
We have many food options to choose from!
Why choose freeze dried foods like Augason Farms?
There is a direct correlation between moisture content and shelf life. The higher the moisture content, the
shorter the shelf life. Dehydrated food looses quite a bit of moisture–up to 90 percent! Home dehydrators may only remove 80% of the water in food, leaving it with a shorter shelf life. However, most top end dehydrated food will still maintain a shelf life of up to 15 years, and depending on the type of food, in some cases up to 25 years.
Freeze dried food is best to store for long-term. Freeze Dried Food has a shelf life 25 years or more. Cooler temperature helps lengthen shelf life. Store Freeze Dried food in a cool, dark and dry location when possible, which will prolong shelf life.
Prepare Freeze Dried Food for Eating
To prepare freeze-dried food, you add water and eat when rehydrated. Your food will taste so close to the original that you may not know the difference. Dehydrated food is different in the way you prepare it. To prepare dehydrated food will likely boil to rehydrate it. This can take 20 minutes, depending on the food. .
Freeze‐dried food maintains most of its nutrients throughout the process. Once rehydrated, the food is similar in nutritional value to its fresh counterpart. Dehydrated food only retains 60‐75% of original nutrients. Freeze‐dried food retains about 97% of it original nutrients.
Flavor is important in food. If it doesn’t taste good, why would we eat it? Both freeze‐dried and dehydrated food taste great, however freeze-drying preserves more nutrients. Freeze-drying keeps in the flavor, retains original texture, and maintains the natural aroma. Dehydrating food uses heat, which causes food to loose flavor, nutrients, and texture. Most people agree that freeze‐dried food wins the taste test.